A Night Of Corny Fun: Corbett Choir Field Trip

Choir students pose during their field trip to the pumpkin patch

Eian Estes, Writer

Fireworks, Pumpkins, Mazes, and a night of singing and corny jokes for the Corbett Mustang Choir, as they go to the South Texas Corn Maze for their fun “Choir Night Out”!  

The huge corn maze is one of the great experiences the Corbett Choir got all the way down in Hondo, TX. It was frustrating, and complicated, to get out of the maze because of the high corn crops that covered students’ heads. It was also hard to get through because of how dark the corn maze was. They could barely see, but thanks to some of their glowstick necklaces, everyone stayed together… for the most part. At certain times, walking the maze was boring so they messed around a bit; they would play hide and seek, and even scare some of their fellow companions. There were lots of people who got out of the maze between 20 – 30 minutes, but unfortunately for some of their playful groups, they took up to 45 minutes to an hour.

The firework show was another fun thing to watch and enjoy even though it was unexpected. There was lots of cool colors and designs the were made across the cold dark sky. It was marvelous to many of its viewers.

The Pumpkin Patch was one of the last things they got to look into and see. Even though they didn’t get any because of their high cost, it was really fun to see and compare how big they were to each other and how small they were as well.