PDA Rules In School Are Exaggerated

Jayden Powers, Writer

You are walking down the halls holding hands with your girlfriend/boyfriend and teachers see you. No big deal right? it’s normal? You aren’t doing anything inappropriate. But the teachers tell you to get each other’s hand off. Teachers have banned PDA(public display of affection) but they go a little to far at times. At times it seems like teachers think all students are straight, teachers make affection seem so awful and distracting, but it really isn’t.

PDA (public display of affection)is banned at schools. Teachers act like they are harming or hurting each other by holding hands or hugging which is normal in everyday life and happens all the time. Think about it, if you were in a relationship you are going to want to hold hands, etc.

“PDA is acceptable to a point. Hand Holding or arm over shoulder is expected and should not be an issue,” said a parent, Darrin Powers.

I have seen that the teachers only go for straight couples. Why? Because a boy and a girl touching get in trouble but a gay couple or friends of the same sex don’t get in trouble for the same doing. Plus what if you’re gay and you have a close friend of the opposite sex? You would get in trouble for hugging or holding hands when you’re just friends.

PDA seems like such a big deal in school. Does it really distract the students?

“PDA should not happen in the classrooms, so it should not distract from learning,” said Darrin Powers, parent.

It is so exaggerated and could be toned if not just abolished. Teachers should expect as we grow up to go through relationships because they probably did the same. The appropriate things people do in a relationship should be fine because we used to hold our parents hands and people will always give hugs.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “PDA Rules In School Are Exaggerated”

1. Kiara Haynes on May 30th, 2018 10:10 am

They do over exaggerate about everything even hugs are not considered PDA its not like anything to inappropriate is happening

2. Kassity Leonard on May 30th, 2018 10:11 am

I really like your article you made some really great points and its really understanding.I like how you pointed out how they only go for straight couples cause its true you never see any teachers going after two guys hugging or holding hands just because they are the same sex.

3. fatima buitron on May 30th, 2018 10:15 am

I completely agree with your article specially one of your quotes ”PDA is acceptable to a point. Hand holding or arm over shoulder is expected and should not be an issue”

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

PDA Rules In School Are Exaggerated