The dangers the beach has…

Kailey Martinez, Writer

Beach. You probably just thought about the warm sand under your toes and the refreshing water hitting your skin. Most people don’t know how dangerous beaches can be, but there are shark attacks, the burning sun and the dangerous things in and around the water.

Shark attacks are very dangerous, and it is even scarier that the county in Texas with the most shark attacks is only three hours away. Most people forget that if you go to the deep side of the water, there are chances of sharks being right below you.

Josalyn Wright, a Florida teen, said, “I have heard of the dangers of Great White shark attacks.”

Being in a shark attack there is a slim chance that you won’t lose a body part. Sharks are very dangerous and can take a life too, so next time you go to the beach, beware of those “friendly” creatures swimming in the water too.

As a person who has heat strokes, I can testify how bad they are. Symptoms from a heat stroke are throbbing headaches, dizziness and lightheadedness, lack of sweating, red, hot and dry skin, muscle weakness, vomiting and much more.

Heat strokes can damage your brain, heart, kidneys and even muscles. Heat strokes are caused more at beaches because people want to stay swimming and playing, but you have to consider the risks that there are… Staying out in the sun for a long time can also cause sunburns and the pain that comes  from them is intolerable.

“I do face problems at the beach. Sometimes, even though I apply sunscreen constantly, I still get sunburnt,” Wright says.

The symptoms of sunburn are flakiness, peeling, rashes, roughness, warmness, red spots, or redness can be caused on the skin. And that is something uncomfortable to go through just because you want to stay out in the sun. Just consider spending a little less time outside.

If you have ever been to the beach you would know that there are barnacles, the rough things on rocks and on the beach floor. There is also a chance that you have harmed your bare foot on them too. You can cut your toes and foot on them and as you must know a cut hurts and even more if it’s on the bottom of your foot.

There can also be broken glass in the sand and/ or trash. Usually beaches aren’t cleaned every day so there will be trash and some things in there that can be harmful. Harmful things hanging around the beach can be broken glass, poisonous plants and even jellyfish.

Mrs. Kim, a Corbett student’s mom, said, “My children got stung by jellyfish, but I took vinegar, and put it on the stings and it helped with the pain.”

But if you want to avoid getting stung like her children got then be more cautious on what’s hanging around the beach floor.

Of course the beach is a fun place to hang with family and friends, but don’t forget about all the dangers that are hidden beneath.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “The dangers the beach has…”

1. luke lynch on May 30th, 2018 1:47 pm

The chances of getting attacked by a shark are 1 in 11.5 million
    so its not a big danger

2. Cheyenne Pruitt on May 30th, 2018 2:41 pm

good job, but this is why i don’t go to the beach 🙂

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

The dangers the beach has…