How Students Keep Good Grades

These students study for their UIL competition.

Anthony Rizzs, writer

During the course of school, students try their best to make sure their grades are passing, some may even try to get honor roll. But what is the point of stressing the whole year to make sure your grades are good when you can be developing skills early on so it is not as stressful. Some students have already begun or already developed these skills so passing their classes are extremely easy for them. But trying to get straight A’s can still be a challenge.

Grades are one of the most important parts of school. The grades that people get from their classes determine their future in many ways like, possibilities for scholarships, less worries about grades, and possibly even have opportunities to get extra credits.

Whenever a students grade drops to where they are failing, they are too low for their parents or even their own expectations.They need to get the grade up with either extra credit, correcting work, making sure they do their work in class,or any other option that is available to them.

Students Lani Horn and Alexis Richardson, both eighth grade girls, make sure they keep their grades up and, that they are never failing or missing any assignments, so that their grades never drop.

Lani says that she makes good grades so she can reach her full academic potential,and Alexis says that she gets good grades so that her parents don’t get mad at her.

How students perform in class when it comes to tests, in class work, homework and, other things like projects are also important. These all are factors in how your grades are, and how they will be depending on how you deal with them. So performance in class is very important when trying to have good grades.

Classwork and homework, being a key part of how you perform in school, tests are also very important. As they are the other 50 percent of your overall grade, making sure you do well on a test is something you need to do. Not only does it affect your grade, it also could get you put in after or before school tutoring by your teachers, so doing good on a test is very essential to your overall grade.

Alexis says that when she has a test she makes sure she studies for it, and Lani said she pays attention on class the day before the test.

These students also have information on how they would help other students that are failing classes. And how they would do the work to help the other person and do their best. They would most likely want the best for their peers, as well themselves.

The students that you go to school with all range in how much they can retain and what their strengths and weaknesses are academically. Helping out your peers whenever they are having trouble understanding something, could have benefits to it. Because you helped them, it may influence them to help you or someone else when in need.

Lani said she would reteach a student something if they were having trouble understanding something, Alexis said that if they are failing that they should do something like check their grades and ask for extra credit.

Making sure that students’ grades are high should be one of the most important things that students try to do, so that they can secure their futures.

1 Comment

One Response to “How Students Keep Good Grades”

1. olivia jonas on May 30th, 2018 12:54 pm

Anthony what even is your bio smh, but nice story bro XD

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• How Students Keep Good Grades

Sports

The Big Difference in MS, HS Sports

• How Students Keep Good Grades

News

The dangers the beach has…

• How Students Keep Good Grades

Student Life

Remind is the app for you!

• How Students Keep Good Grades

Student Life

School Work and Tests, A Big Source of Stress

• How Students Keep Good Grades

Arts & Entertainment

What Art Means to the World

• How Students Keep Good Grades

Arts & Entertainment

A Night Of Corny Fun: Corbett Choir Field Trip

• How Students Keep Good Grades

Student Life

New Lunch System, New Problems

• How Students Keep Good Grades

Sports

Last Volleyball Season For 8th Graders

• How Students Keep Good Grades

Arts & Entertainment

Behind The Scenes of Corbett’s Drama Club

• How Students Keep Good Grades

Arts & Entertainment

Be Creative, Join Art Club

How Students Keep Good Grades