Life of a student Athlete

Elijah Ochoa, writer

Being a student athlete can sometimes be tough and stressful. From coming home from practice late and staying up all night, to getting caught up with all work you didn’t have time for because of sports. It seems almost impossible to keep up with work.

One challenge about being a student athlete is keeping up with grades and your sport. When you’re coming home from practice late at night and come home knowing you have a lot of work to catch up on, it’s stressful.

“Coming home from practice can be tiring, but knowing you got a lot of work can be just stressful. It feels like I can never get anything done,” said 8th grade athlete Anthony Rios.

One argument that student athletes question is whether grades should always come first. Athletes might want grades to come first but sports come in their way.

“Grades to me always come first but it’s hard to manage that sometimes when you come home late at night everyday feeling tired with a lot homework to catch up on,” said 7th grade athlete Dominick Robinson.

One important factor about being a student athlete is time management. Time is a big thing being an athlete because it’s limited. Dominick Robinson said he manages his time by breaking everything down to simplify his time with practice and homework, trying to get everything caught up as he can one day at a time.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Life of a student Athlete”

1. andru on May 30th, 2018 10:12 am

hes right when he says grades come first

2. Roman Cabrera on May 30th, 2018 10:18 am

Great story

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Life of a student Athlete