Students with parents on campus

Heaven LaFuente, writer

Usually most kids say bye to their parents every morning before heading off to school, but imagine if they went to school with you. It’s not uncommon for students to have their parents working on the same campus.

When you get to high school you usually don’t want you mom or dad to be teaching at the same school as you. Kassity, a sophomore in high school, is one of the many students at Samuel Clemens High School that gets to spend  her high school years with her mother, Mrs. Hamilton, teacher.

“I was proud of her because I knew that she had been wanting to work at a high school for a long time,but then I was also like, well now she’s gonna see me everyday” said Kassity Hamilton.

Being at school with her mother wasn’t new; she also spent her fifth and sixth grade years with her mother, so she was used to the comments from teachers and students about seeing her mom around campus.

“I’m used to having the expectations because she was at my school for fifth and sixth grade,” said Kassity Hamilton

You can imagine that there are going to be a lot of advantages and disadvantages that come with having a parent on campus. An advantages is that Kassity always has a place to go to when she needs something and, a disadvantage if she did do anything bad it would be easy for he mother to find out about it.

“My favorite thing is now that when I have projects, I can just leave them in my moms class then get them later,” said Kassity Hamilton.