Corbett Corner Store Grand Opening

The ALE students and PTC, Parent Teacher Club, came together in the Corbett Cafetorium on February 5 to celebrate the grand opening of Corbett’s Corner Store.

“We are the first and only school in the district to open a corner store,” said Ms. Childress, ALE teacher. “This store will give ALE students the chance to be involved in something that helps other Corbett students.”

The corner store will be run by ALE students on Fridays, giving them the opportunity to sell things like pencils, erasers, and sharpeners.

“Our new corner store will teach ALE students about business responsibility and managing an inventory,” said Childress.

The PTC team believes that this will be a good decision, and a “win-win scenario” for anybody at Corbett, supplying students with materials, teaching inventory management to ALE students, and providing our PTC with funding for school and its events.

“Our ALE students will run the corner store each Friday during the students lunch periods,” said Childress. “I know that the corner store will turn out to be one of the best ideas we’ve ever had.”

The most expensive item you can buy is priced at only $2.00, with the cheapest being only $0.50!

“I think the coolest item at our store is the Animal Erasers,” said Jacob Ozuniga, an 8th grade ALE student who will be helping run the corner store.