Teen Suicide

Hailey Hulett, Writer

Teens commit suicide everyday and put their lives in danger.

Teens everyday commit suicide or have suicidal thoughts. Can we do anything to prevent it?

Teen deaths from suicide increase every year. The teens who do end their lives get these crazy ideas. When they do commit suicide, they do not only hurt themselves, they hurt everyone who is part of their lives.

“Get it from society, get it from their minds, comes from the darkest place to feel,” said Coach Barnes, seventh grade social studies teacher and football coach.

On the news, most of the time, it’s about how new teens committed suicide. They interview the families, ask all these questions, and they “feel bad” that they have to be the ones talking about it. The news reporters make all these assumptions on why the teen ended their life.

“I think there’s been a lot more in the years. Why are kids depressed? One time we all were happy, some stayed happy, some got moody, and others changed to depression”, said Coach Barnes.

Teens are always on their phones, texting, taking pictures, and calling. If teens are not on their phones, they become very depressed from feeling left out. Teen suicide then, becomes a real problem everyday when teens think they do not belong in this world. So, they use their smartphones to feel better, which leads to addiction.

“Bullying does not only happen on the internet. You can physically bully someone and it still affects the way they think about themselves”, said Carley Gaytan, seventh grade student.